Hi AllNetwork Administration

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jonathan Grady 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jonathan Grady
    Participant

I’ve been out of the IT game for a little while but looking to get back into things.

When I last left off I was a senior regional ananalyst for desktop support. I’m looking to move into network administration but can anyone recommend what route to take?

Is it worth jumping straight into the mcsa or is there anything I can take before that?

Many thanks
    Jon

smeek
    Participant

I would suggest Network+ or Server+ first if reorienting. They should also help some with MCSA, depending desired path. You are probably better getting hooked up with an organization first to possibly help defray access to more advanced training.

Be aware MS made some changes to cert recently.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/27/microsoft_makes_massive_changes_to_mcse_and_mcsd/

Jonathan Grady
    Participant

Hi Smeek,

Thank you for your reply. That sounds like a good way to go to begin with. I had an interview last week for a network admin role (despite my break in IT) and it went pretty well. Not heard back from them yet but would like to brush up on skills to ensure that I am better ready for the next one (if i’m unfortunate to get this).

I was not aware that MS had made changes to the qualification and i’ll be sure to check it out.

Many thanks again,
    Jon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel