Good laptop for hacking ?Hardware

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Secure Software Development Hardware Good laptop for hacking ?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  gowtham5 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Synchronyme
    Participant

Hi there,

I’d like to get myself a laptop 100% dedicated to hacking and running Kali Linux.
    So no games, no Windows, no photoshop editing… just networking/hacking/coding stuff.

What are you using ? What would you recommend ?

deboned
    Participant

if you can utilize GPU on a laptop then anything with dedicated GPU

Dragon
    Participant

@Synchronyme:
    Most off the shelf laptops with 32 GB+ RAM or an i5 processor or better should be fine. Nvidia GPUs with CUDA cores can be useful if you use the GPU for computationally intensive work such as creating hashes. GPU’s are coming down in price and Desktop GPU’s are significantly better than ones on any laptop.

Synchronyme
    Participant

Thanks for your replies !

In fact I’m looking at a small/medium laptop (15″ max) so I can move it around easily.
    But I’ll keep in mind your advice about RAM & GPU.

I was wondering about the wifi reception too: is it about the same in all modern laptops or do some have better reception/antenna ?

ral peters
    Participant

all i need is a portable laptop with a very large ram size

Asus ROG. The Best.

FastSystem
    Participant

@Synchronyme
    I can say in WiFi issue; if you want to work with long distances, you can use a USB WiFi dongle for this job. It is very cheap and good solution. So you don’t need to choose your computer for WiFi reception.

asimegbe3
    Participant

i still have faith on core i 3. but if i have to make changes soon i’ll go for Hp envy 10gb RAM and 1 terabite HDD

gowtham5
    Participant

alienware

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel