Giving a CEH exam.Career Goals

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Cyber Security Career Goals Giving a CEH exam.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  aarakapur 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Sudais
    Participant

I’m 15 years old and would have completed my CEH course by september but the problem is I require 2 years of security experience which is not possible as I’m only 15 or I should have attended a EC-Council training session,if one of these 2 conditions are fulfilled only then can I appear for the exam.I can’t find a training centre in Lahore,Pakistan.What do I do to appear for the exam?

abrasevo
    Participant

Look at EC-Council i|Class sessions.. All the benefits of an EC-counsel class from the comfort of your own home. You may also want to email the EC-Council for additional options.

Just for my curiosity, why do you want to get certified in anything at 15 years old? I understand getting the information but the certification really only matters when it comes to getting a job.

Sudais
    Participant

So I could go on getting other certifications and then when I need a job,I could get a decent good salary with no problems,success is mastering your field so…

sumitchandorkar
    Participant

So, why you want to get certified so soon ???
    It would be increasing knowledge and information too,as it might be place of interest.
    But validity of Completing CEH certification is only 3Years.
    So, you need to validate again after 3 years. Its better you do Certs when you seek job.

abrasevo
    Participant

You’re only going to be wasting your time getting some certs now. Certifications go along with experience (professional experience). Coming straight out of high school or even college with a C|EH is practically useless. CompTIA certs are 0 experience certs, meaning you can have 0 experience but have A, Net and Sec+ and land a job. C|EH is a 5 year experience cert (in my opinion). If you have a C|EH and less than 5 years professional IT experience, I won’t hire you (it doesn’t have to be 5 years in CS, just 5 years in IT). Same with GPEN, GCIH, GCIA etc.

I commend your ambition, but you’re working really hard to skip a very valuable step. Start at the bottom, develop your skills in an IT field (Cyber security is not an entry level career field) and get a foundation. Honestly your C|EH will expire before you even get to use it.

Sudais
    Participant

Would you suggest some IT fields in relation to these for gaining a solid foundation?

abrasevo
    Participant

It really depends on the specific security field you’re interested in. Trying to understand cyber security as a whole is a HUGE undertaking for even seasoned professionals, for that reason it is broken down into Network Security (switches, routers, VPN etc.) or Webapp (php, RoR, javascript, etc.) or software (C, C++, python, ruby). If you’re not sure what you really want to focus on I’d say network help desk is probably the best place to start since every security field requires a solid understanding of TCP/IP. For career implications though getting into software has a longer path because it sets you up for Malware Analysis and reverse engineering where as the network path kind of falls off career potential wise.

Sudais
    Participant

Where I could I gain a solid understanding of TCP/IP?

iron_granny
    Participant

By reading would be your best option. I believe you can sign up for the Juniper online training courses for free. In some of the basic Network Fundamentals videos have pretty good explanations

Sudais
    Participant

Can u please give me the link?I googled it but found multiples one,not sure which one to do from.

iron_granny
    Participant

https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_activity_info.aspx?id=5798

The Network Fundamentals E-learning is the course, its a decent little video with pretty good explanations. The subnetting is really well explained in this.

mr.smith
    Participant

Good Luck

Reazul Islam
    Participant

Certification is required for getting the job. u better practice & try to get involve more learning. when u will looking for any job, then go for the certification.

subirkochar
    Participant

CEH certification is a good start for a flourishing career in cyber security.

aarakapur
    Participant

According to me, if you have good knowledge and sharp mind, experience is not required 🙂

Certification can add value in your resume but knowledge is must so you have to focus on your knowledge.

I have done CEH V9 course but side by side I increased my knowledge from online, read informative articles, Watched videos, used online tutorials and much more.

For more details please check out the website:- https://goo.gl/LWDFZY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel