Getting started – Learn the tools (free EC|Council lab demo)New to Cybrary

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums New to Cybrary Getting started – Learn the tools (free EC|Council lab demo)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  abrasevo 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

abrasevo
    Participant

For individuals coming to Cybrary to get advice on how to start a career in Cyber Security (CS) you’ve likely run into the suggestion of building a lab. This is great advice and is often one of my biggest suggestions but many times learners will build a lab environment just find that they have no idea what to do with it. Sure there are suggestions for how to overcome that as well, but you find yourself taking baby steps when you want to take leaps.

For the people who are ready to commit to the education and homework needed to get into cyber security I highly recommend purchasing the 6 month access to EC|Council’s CEH iLab. Their pre-built simulation lab will not only teach you some common tools used in the CS field but also give you an idea of how you might want to set up your own lab. It will show you how to install tools and vulnerable software for testing and has the added benefit of working along with the current CEHv9 curriculum (an unavoidable certification for the aspiring pen-testers reading this).

The lab is set up with a pretty easy to use interface, real virtual machines ranging from Server 2008 to Kali and Android, step by step instructions and a wide range of tools. It is not intended to make you an expert at any one tool but will give you an idea of how the tool functions and the type of output to expect in a practical and hands on way. Though the entire lab can be ripped through in just a couple of days, I highly recommend going through it a couple of times using the guided instructions and then a couple more times just exploring the tools that aren’t covered.

The cost of the lab is around $200 for 6 months (subject to change of course) but the educational value new learners can get from it far exceed the costs. The takeaways from the course are some common tools, step by step instruction, alignment with the CEH exam and some great ideas on what to do with your own home lab. One of the biggest problems with learning CS today is the lack of direction and I feel EC|Council did a good job providing that in their iLabs. Since I know that shelling out $200 isn’t something most people take lightly, I’ve worked with the Senior Vice President of EC|Council Global to add a free demo for cybrary members in their store! To get access to a free module go to https://ilabs.eccouncil.org/store/, the last item in the list will be a free demo. Add the item to your cart and fill out the necessary forms and you’ll receive a code via email to get access. The entire process takes only a few minutes and you’ll be at it in no time. After you try the lab post your thoughts here!

*For the more advance learners check out some of the other labs provided at iLabs.eccouncil.org. Even if an EC|Council cert isn’t in your near term career plans, they’ll likely have a lab that will provide some value for you.

abrasevo
    Participant

Just to note, I do not work for EC|Council or have any personal affiliation with anyone from EC|Council. My review of the labs above is my honest opinion after purchasing the lab for myself and I’m sharing it because I truly believe that it will benefit many Cybrary users.

MD Khurshid Alam
    Participant

you mean really we can see demo of all lab work for CEH v9 . if so fantastic,

MD Khurshid Alam
    Participant

i have gone through this link,but could not find new thing just same,

404syntaxerror
    Participant

Do they do any free tests/ trials? I like testing before purchasing?

abrasevo
    Participant

@404syntaxerror Read the last paragraph..

“Since I know that shelling out $200 isn’t something most people take lightly, I’ve worked with the Senior Vice President of EC|Council Global to add a free demo for cybrary members in their store! To get access to a free module go to https://ilabs.eccouncil.org/store/, the last item in the list will be a free demo. Add the item to your cart and fill out the necessary forms and you’ll receive a code via email to get access.”

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  abrasevo.

abrasevo
    Participant

@khurshid go to the store at ilabs.eccouncil.org the VERY LAST item in the list is a free lab demo (it says Price: Free Demo Access to 1 Module) add that to the cart and checkout. It will not ask you for any CC information and will not charge you any money.

812teck
    Participant

🙂

MD Khurshid Alam
    Participant

what is the course fee/price of EC Council for CEH v9 complete course, and what is the time frame
    require to do so…in INDIA(New Delhi)

abrasevo
    Participant

I’m not sure how much the actual course would run, it depends on who is offering the course. I know EC|Council has a range of learning options available at varying cost.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel