Ethical Hacking Book ListsPenetration Testing and Ethical Hacking Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking Course Ethical Hacking Book Lists

This topic contains 34 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  MD Khurshid Alam 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author

ZeroSuitSnake
    Participant

I just answered a question from someone on another forum about books that would help them while learning ethical hacking. The course is great, but after finishing you may still have some questions. So I found 2 lists of books that I feel would be great to look into.

But first I suggest reading this 12 page PDF by C.C. Palmer to get better acquainted with ethical hacking, especially if you’re just getting started.

Below are the book lists. I hope these help someone out.

List 1
    List 2

One more note: If you haven’t watched the Cisco Talos presentation on emerging threat trends, I would highly suggest it.

mgc
    Participant

Thanks dude

Kn1ghtM@r3
    Participant

Thanks

Sravan Wudayagiri
    Participant

Thank you

prabhu3705
    Participant

what about books/resources on case study on ethical hacking???

K41N3
    Participant

thanks

Koert
    Participant

@prabhu3705 : what do you mean? whatever kind of hacking… apart from the intent, they are the same.

Hckfreak
    Participant

Try out “The Hacker’s Manual(2015)” it is also a useful resource. And thanks for the above list too.

KappaG
    Participant

One of the best books I’ve read on hacking is Counterhack Reloaded by Ed Skoudis

Juca
    Participant

Thanks!

Hckfreak
    Participant

That’s great

Vodkanaut
    Participant

🙂

Benjamin Cardy
    Participant

Great resources, thank you

KappaG
    Participant

Another good book on Web Application hacking is: The Web Application Hacker’s Handbook
    Co-written by the author of Burpsuite

JWJ
    Participant

I did the ec council CEH and my instructor said that he could teach the whole course from “Hacking Exposed” (currently version 7). It gives a good general overview with a few case studies to illustrate real world scenarios.

coldking
    Participant

Good lists. Books are one of the best things to use when learning in this area.

Chambo
    Participant

For CEH additional study, the All-in-One CEH exam guide (2nd edition) by Matt Walker is very informative and well presented.

– Chambo

Syn/Ack
    Participant

Good lists ZeroSuitSnake.
    I would like to The Hacker Playbook to that list as well. It’s a good read, full of inspiring ideas.

What I love most about it though, is that this book doesn’t go through the “the fases of pentesting” explaining every single one in detail and how to scan a network using Nmap. In stead it takes a practical approach from someone who’s clearly done this often and explains some out of the box ways to perform a pentest in certain situations.

I’ve used his book often in the way he describes it in the intro: you find yourself stuck in a situation and need a few specific options to get out of it. Great stuff!

Ulises Rolon Davila
    Participant

Thanks!

liquid_sn4ke
    Participant

Great Read THANKS!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel