EC Council CEHOffensive Cyber Security

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Cyber Security Offensive Cyber Security EC Council CEH

This topic contains 28 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  EN1CE 3 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Reazul Islam
    Participant

Dear Cybrary,

Thank you very much to give us this opportunity for learning online.

Please go wth EC Council & bring their some courses here.

It will be very helpful for us.

Chin_Diesel

While I’m not trying to knock a certification, CEH is mostly theory and concepts, and won’t really make you a “hacker” that the certification implies. One of my buddies is not very technical, and he holds a CEH. Yes, I do realize that a lot of places hold the CEH in regard, but if you want a useful certification, you’d be better pursuing the OSCP, as the only way you’d obtain that certification is by actually using the tools to get in and compromise a network.

Reazul Islam
    Participant

Thnx for ur reply #creno13. yea OSCP is great course for getting knowledge in hacking but CEH is also good one I think. & there are lots of tools in that course. So it might be nice practical course.

cybermo
    Participant

Both courses are good.

Reazul Islam
    Participant

I think so 🙂 @cybermo

Whitehat
    Participant

The main issue faced in the cyber security world is proving you have the skills necasary to protect the individual/organisation. This can come in many forms, some need a more theoretical approach and others need more hands on. This changes on the nature of the client and as a result a lot of certs have sprung up. This also makes it hard to choose which to dedicate time to that will result in better employment and future progression.

The next issue is I personally have no answers as to which one you should or shouldnt pursue. I guess its having some fun learning the sylabus and going from there. The main thing I focus on is how the cert will improve my job and future progression should I have it.

cybermo
    Participant

?

makwanaram
    Participant

which course will give me practical experience in hacking..??

Aspa
    Participant

rmadridjr
    Participant

I can see why the title of the exam is misleading. Nowadays (Especially in the Tech World), when we hear the term “Hacker”, we expect them to be great at everything pertaining to hacking. However, there is so much that goes into it, and so many methods to master, that it could take years before being considered great by certain people. I met some people at DefCon that were extremely efficient @ single offensive tasks, but wanted to tap into the Pen Testing market as a whole. Some guys were kind of degrading the CEH cert, while others recommended it as a great starting point. I think it’s a great starting point before moving towards the OSCP.

Reazul Islam
    Participant

thnx @rmadridjr for ur cmnts 🙂

aibraimoski
    Participant

CEH is a good entry level certification if you want to continue your career as pen tester.
    Certainly would not make you pen tester straight away, but its a good start.
    Having passed the CEH v7, 3 years ago I can speak from experience. I find it very useful in my current work. I work as a system admin and perform the duties of security admin also as we don’t have position for security yet, so this exam and the learning I have done for it is quite useful. But for sure, if you have CEH is does not mean you can hack any system, you can know enough to protect them but if your goal is to be top pen tester you should strive to get something like OSCP down the road.

KappaG
    Participant

I second https://www.elearnsecurity.com/
    When they launched their course a few years ago there was a phrase that summed up the course pretty well: “it’s what the CEH should have been”
    The CEH course is all theory with a multiple choice exam. It’s definitely a good course to do if you’re starting out in Security but I would say that the eLearnSecurity courses are better but sadly less recognised.

Reazul Islam
    Participant

I know about that @kappag. But it costly 🙁

tkdlove
    Participant

I am currently enrolled in eLearnSecurity’s PTSv3 and PTPv4, the pentesting student and certified pentester. They are both great courses, however, without a background in security fundamentals (Sec+) and vulnerability fundamentals I would be lost. The CEHv9 is a great test of the knowledge. All theory can lead to application and I get really aggravated when I hear people say “Just get the OSCP” like you can just throw down and knock it out.

Take the CEH and get it under your belt. It is highly worth it, plus lots of businesses look for the CEH 🙂

Reazul Islam
    Participant

@tkdlove

thnx for ur suggestion dear 😀

cybermo
    Participant

Agreed

MD Khurshid Alam
    Participant

Need help for drafting the line of question going to be ask by the panel of staff
    for penetration testing.

Mitra94
    Participant

So, do you recommend to take both OSCP and CEH?

Reazul Islam
    Participant

cracked the CEHv9 😀 😀 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel