deepscan bypass?Network Administration

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Network Administration deepscan bypass?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  avishayrapp 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

yhi
    Participant

deepscan AKA SSL inspection some firewalls like fortinet support this option
    is there is anyway to bypass this ?
    this is giving me SSL certificate error even with google.com
    also i am not able to use any proxy software & tor also..

iron_granny
    Participant

You can’t really “bypass” it, but if you control it you can specify what data to apply SSL inspection to. The reason I say you can’t really bypass is it how it works on the fortinet. For example when you go to google from a place that doesn’t use this tech you get the SSL cert straight from Google. In this scenario you are actually only communicate with the fortinet and the fortinet communicates to Google on your behalf. So when you initiate a connection to Google through the fortinet you are really establishing a connection to the fortinet. The fortinet then forwards your request to google (as if it was you) gets the cert from google de-encrypts the contents to scan, then re-encrypts the traffic with it’s own SSL cert before forwarding that data to you.

SO in short the SSL error is probably caused by the cert on the fortinet not being signed or “untrusted”

yhi
    Participant

so if they can decrypt the data
    does it mean they can also see me email & password while i am signing in somewhere ?

cybermo
    Participant

😀

avishayrapp
    Participant

Have you tried running this solution on a local web server first?
    Try setting up a small VM with a web server, and simulate the issue on that local server.
    It might give you some insights that will help you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel