Cybercrime and the Deep WebCyber Management

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Cyber Management Cybercrime and the Deep Web

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  812teck 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

812teck
    Participant

March 01, 2016

cybercrime and the deep web View Cybercrime and the Deep Web

Movies and crime shows have always alluded to a “global” underground network of organized crime where gangsters and criminals from all walks of life and nationalities converge to form a single malicious entity. The truth—at least when cybercriminals are concerned—is different, but close to what people think.

Since we started delving into the Internet’s dark side, we uncovered at least six secret cybercriminal havens. The details we gathered can be found in the research papers we published on the cybercriminal underground markets of Russia, Japan, China, Germany, the United States and Canada (North America), and Brazil in 2015.

[More on the Deep Web: Visit the Deep Web Threat Intelligence Center]

This paper caps our 2015 Cybercriminal Underground Market Series by providing details about these different underground scenes. Find out why we say the cybercriminal underground is not a huge global conglomerate, but rather a wide-ranging cluster of “branches” that cater to various buyers with the unique sets of products and specializations that they offer. But though they work independently, some markets do collaborate with peers to give buyers what they want, as evidenced by the following highlights:

global cybercrime underground map View map: What makes each underground market unique?

The Japanese underground is the only market that does not focus on traditional crimeware. This underground scene caters more to the taboo.
    The German underground takes cues from the Russian market.
    The Chinese underground serves as a hotbed for crimeware (particularly hardware) prototypes.

For more details on what the cybercriminal underground economy was like in 2015, view the attached research paper, Cybercrime and the Deep Web.

Visit the Deep Web page for the latest news and information on the deep web, as well as more in-depth research on the different cybercriminal underground markets.
    Posted in Cybercrime & Digital Threats, Research, Deep Web, Cybercriminal Underground

https://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/us/security/threat-intelligence-center/deep-web/

iron_granny
    Participant

You can find some really cool tutorials on the darkweb and some really great hacker forums. Great place to check out what new hacks and zero days are out there. If you are getting into hacking i would recommend searching the darkwebs with tor.

812teck
    Participant

What specific sites have you used to increase your hacking knowledge?

iron_granny
    Participant

0day forums are great. I can’t recall the others as i am not in a position to get on tor at work

812teck
    Participant

Got it! I’ll do my Mr. Robot impersonation. 🙂

Anonymous

or any other website or cource related to this topic

812teck
    Participant

I would like something regarding deep/dark web, tor web,
    journey into the dark web
    getting caught in the deep/dark web
    secrets of the dark or deep web
    land of the black hats
    kingdom of the clear hats

812teck
    Participant

overview of darknets adrian crenshaw

812teck
    Participant

DEF CON 22 – Adrian Crenshaw- Dropping Docs on Darknets: How People Got Caught

812teck
    Participant

Only thing missing is some data on those Clear Hats, when that is accomplished, I’ll be good to go!

cybersync
    Participant

Do you have any links to sites that might have some interesting information on cyber hacking forums?

Lalit
    Participant

cybersync
    Participant

For @lalit
    Thanks, very useful, although I was looking more for .onion addresses, I appreciate the thought.

cybermo
    Participant

Thanks for sharing.

812teck
    Participant

YW!

wisdom-david
    Participant

very important information shared

812teck
    Participant

You are correct.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel