Credit Card ProcessingNetwork Administration

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Network Administration Credit Card Processing

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dirt6ix 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dirt6ix
    Participant

I’m a Network Admin for a fairly small company. Last week the power supply on my domain controller went out which also blew a circuit that messed up our credit card processor. Since its old and doesn’t comply with the new security chip we had to go with a new credit card setup.

We are now setting up our receptionists to process the credit cards online through a banks website. Once they are done they are going to do a security scan on my network.

Does anyone know if they will require me to setup my domain again? I have a boss who gives me like no funding for his network.

I was just curious what their scan will entail. Will they require certain ports to be blocked etc.

By the way I am really impressed with this website. As a network admin I have been trying to study penetration testing to get my Network more secure. This is the best site I’ve found. I’m still working on my basic course, but have every intention of going through many of these courses.

Thanks,

Ryun

smeek
    Participant

Might vary depending on the scope of the providers services and whether they are actually a QSA or just doing a simple scan. Normally scanning requirements vary by merchant level. Here’s a good overview.

Merchants

dirt6ix
    Participant

Thanks smeek. I’m reading through it now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel