CompTIA Cloud+ first video missing errataCompTIA Cloud+ Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses CompTIA Cloud+ Course CompTIA Cloud+ first video missing errata

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gptodd 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

angut
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I just watched the first video of CompTIA Cloud+ and I think there are more erratas that should be added besides the one about IDE, for example there is a point where the instructor says IPv6 has unlimited addresses, in my experience it is never good to say something is unlimited, at least not when we are talking about resources like computing, disk or networking, most things have either logical or physical limitations, and even if IPv6 can allocate a very big number of unique IP addresses it is certainly not unlimited.

There is another topic that might not need an errata, but is certainly left a little unexplained, specially if someone doesn’t have any background with networking or storage, and I’m not an expert in this topic, so this might not be 100% correct, but as explained in this first video FCoE has all the advantages of an FC connections without the costs, as far as I know, those match in speed terms, but FCoE encapsulates the SCSI commands in TCP packets, adding another layer of complexity an generating a little overhead on both ends of the communication when compared to FC, that just sends the SCSI commands as they are, otherwise everyone would be using FCoE, that would be my guess.

Anyhow, I think if would be helpful if other people detect some errors or things that doesn’t go as in depth as they should we can discuss them over here and complement the learning obtained from the videos, I hope this helps to that end, thanks.

gptodd
    Participant

YUp – just started this course and as a Network Engineer i wasnt happy in the statement that IPv6 is unlimited. It is not, it just a a huge number of available addresses that will probably mean we wont run out of them….probably 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel