CISM Course content?CISM

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses CISM CISM Course content?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  BNgacTKD 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

imang
    Participant

I’m watching the CISM course videos but it seems like it’s more related to the CISSP than the CISM. The CISM review manual is very “management” focused, the CISM course videos, at least so far in section one have covered a bunch of technologies in the CISSP that are barely even mentioned in the CISM book.

Can I have any clarification on this?

Shoaib
    Spectator

Hi

smart1970
    Participant

Yes it is management focused.I haven’t study CISSP. But what I have studied so far, It is.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  smart1970.

BNgacTKD
    Participant

I think CISM and CISSP are pretty closely related. I think you should keep studying the CISM, Kelly is a great instructor!

clarkincnet
    Participant

I was wondering the same thing. I have the official CISM book but the topics covered by Kelly don’t seem to go with those covered in the corresponding chapters in the book.

EndA-J0hn
    Participant

I think its best to finish both Kelly’s videos and fully read the book, as well as all the practice questions you can find. But I think Kelly is a great teacher!

deutan
    Participant

Can’t play the video, it just blank black pages only. How can I watch the course?

meerkat58
    Participant

imang, you are quite right. I took the CISM exam in Sept and, as expected, the deeper technical elements that were removed from the syllabus a few years ago did not appear. I suggest you use Kelly’s videos for the non-technical elements of the CISM syllabus to supplement what you are reading in the official CISM book, but do not bother with any technical elements. The videos are a great resource, but use the official reading material to direct you as to which video content to watch.

Apáti László
    Participant

Official CISM material contains minimal technical stuff. If Kelly teaches it, I’m in! 🙂

Adrian Montes
    Participant

how difficult it is to pass de CISM exam?

cybermo
    Participant

?

Skupp
    Participant

I was skeptical of Kelly’s claims that this video series was enough to pass the exam, however it’s the only resource I used and I passed the exam.

That said, I have quite a few years security management experience and cleared the CISSP last year, which I think helped alot.

BNgacTKD
    Participant

Congrats Skupp!!!The CISM will be the next exam I take. I just passed the PMP 2 days ago, and CISSP a few months ago, so I’m excited to go fro the CISM. I will be using Kelly’s Vids, and simplilerans stuff (lectures and practice exams). I will also use aiotestking’s practice questions. Again, congrats Skupp!!!

Skupp
    Participant

Thanks for the congrats BNgacTKD. As you have cleared both PMP and CISSP, you should have no issues with the CISM. Best of luck with the new exam format – I still had to use pencil and scantron and wait for 6 weeks for results. The new computer cased exam should be much better.

BNgacTKD
    Participant

Oh yuk! I had no idea they were still doing paper and pencil until this new updated format. Lucky me then! Thanks Skupp.

Pesh Stoyanov
    Participant

In the new format there have reduced the questions to 150!

BNgacTKD
    Participant

Oh, that’s right. I’m glad they reduced the question numbers. CISSP was 250, and PMP was 200, 150 should be a good reward lol.

|Dav|w
    Participant

Looks like Kelly’s video course was a good to go for CISM. will try it out.

BNgacTKD
    Participant

Alright! Let us know how it goes!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel