Certified CISO CourseCISO

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses CISO Certified CISO Course

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  cybermo 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

BNgacTKD
    Participant

What do you think about making a C|CISO course?

BNgacTKD
    Participant

You do realize that CISO is not a CISCO certification in this case right?

emb021
    Participant

FWIW, am taking EC-Council’s official iLearning CCISO class. Took advantage of a special deal they had that combined the class and test into one price.

Reason I did that was by taking their course they have a lower requirement rules for getting the cert.

@elvio
    Participant

but the “standards” are not the same for everyone?
    In all cases you must have at least 5 years of experienc Anei 5 CISO domains, what I do not understand is how to demonstrate this experience?

BNgacTKD
    Participant

Cool! Let us know how your class goes emb021!

cybermo
    Participant

?

Shoaib
    Spectator

Hi

emb021
    Participant

“In all cases you must have at least 5 years of experienc Anei 5 CISO domains, what I do not understand is how to demonstrate this experience?”

Ok. For the CCISO cert if you take their official training, you JUST need 5 years experience in 3 of the 5 domains. If you don’t take their training, you must have 5 years in all 5. For certain domains, if you have certain certs, they will knock off a year or 2.

To demonstrate experience is the same as with the ISACA certs. You must put forth someone who can verify your experience, ideally your boss. They will receive a form they must fill out that attests to your experience in those domains.

I know this as I’ve gone thru the application process and my boss received the form. I am also aware of how ISACA does it as I’ve gotten all four of their certs and gone thru their process which is a similar, but also a little different.

BNgacTKD
    Participant

Congrats on passing emb021! And that’s awesome that you have all 4 certs of ISACA! Thanks for the share!

emb021
    Participant

I haven’t passed the test yet.

What I completed was the application process to be allowed to take the test. If you don’t meet their requirements for the CCISO test, you can’t take it, tho you can take another test and get a different cert. Then once you get the experience you can then take the CCISO test.

A little different from ISC(2) and ISACA which allow you to take the test before you have the experience. Tho you will need the experience once passed to get the certification(s).

emb021
    Participant

This, by the way, is similar to the PMP.

Before you can take the PMP test you must take a course and provide info on your level of experience as a PM. Once completed you’ll be allowed to schedule and take the test.

BNgacTKD
    Participant

emb021, how was the CCISO online course? How long did the application process take? And when do you think you will be taking the actual test?

emb021
    Participant

The on-line course is decent. You can get a book, or access it on-line, along with the slide deck. However, you can NOT print out the on-line book or slide deck. Which I didn’t like as I like to be able to flip thru the slide deck as I’m watching the video and be able to review when off-line.

You get videos with someone explaining things, each of the 5 domains is wrapped up with some review questions. Each domain has about a dozen or so videos, each not too long.

EC-Council doesn’t provide any kind of QAE-like materials, which I wish they would.

The application process was actually pretty quick. Much quicker then ISACA. I sent in my application, my boss got the form he needed to fill out within a day or so. Once he sent it in I got notified within a day that it was accepted.

I haven’t yet scheduled the exam. Plan to do so in September.

BNgacTKD
    Participant

Very cool; thanks for the explanations. I looked at the price for online training with the EC-Council and it’s $2600! I think I’m going to put that on the back burner for now. I don’t think my company would go for that haha.

cybermo
    Participant

😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Cybrary|0P3N

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel