Certification GoalsThe Break Room

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums The Break Room Certification Goals

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  BNgacTKD 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

BNgacTKD
    Participant

Updated 4/23/18: I just wanted to list some of Cyber/Management certifications that I want to achieve (setting a goal and announcing it helps motivate me I think)

Passed
    – PMP, January 2017
    – CISSP, June 2017
    – CISM, June 2017
    – CRISC, July 2017
    – CCSP, December 2017
    – CISSP-ISSMP, February 2018
    – CGEIT, March 2018

On the List to Achieve (Short Term)
    – CSSLP, April 2018
    – CCISO, May 2018

Beyond the Short Term Goals
    – OSCP, 2019
    – PfMP, 2023

Any thoughts on that list? I am also planning to go for my Doctorate in Inforamation Technology beginning Spring 2019.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  BNgacTKD.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  BNgacTKD.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  BNgacTKD.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  BNgacTKD.

FisherCMH
    Participant

It’s an impressive list (thumbsup)

BNgacTKD
    Participant

Thanks 🙂 Hopefully it will be easy!

aarakapur
    Participant

I think CEH course is very much in demand with bright scoop

One of my friend did this CEH V9 certification course from Koenig Solutions and right he is working with most reputed organization.

For more details please check out the below link :-

https://goo.gl/PjF1Bn

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  aarakapur.

Sebastiaan de Vries
    Participant

How hard is the CEH exam? im hearing mixxed responces from my network

BNgacTKD
    Participant

I think the CEH training is good, but from what I’ve heard the multiple choice test is pretty easy if you study the materials.

fardatxo
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m 100% new in all this could you give me some advice and some guidance also about where to start tips and which goals can be realistically based for anyone who is a Windows or Mac regular user.

What motivates me more is the opportunity to become a penetration tester when I read about it sounds exciting.

Many thanks

BNgacTKD
    Participant

Hi fardatxo,

I’m assuming in your message, you mean that you are new to the cyber field? If that’s the case, I suggest you look at the network+ and security+ training in the beginners section. You don’t necessarily have to go for those certifications, but the knowledge you need would be in there. Going for those certifications, however, will help you get a beginners security job if you don’t yet have one. Since you want to do pen testing, I would then go to the intermediate section and check out the ethical hacking course. And from there try out the advanced penetration course. I hope this helps you a bit. Good luck!

fardatxo
    Participant

Hi BNgacTKD many thanks for you answer
    When I meant new I meant that I´m a average user of a laptop like web surfing music movies and also some technical design with cad software, do you also recommend to do the comptia+ or just step up to network+ and security+ ? is it worthy to get a certification on comptia +?

Thinking forward to develop a career in this exciting field

BNgacTKD
    Participant

I think it’s worth it if you are a beginner. If you’re more advanced, than it may not be worth it.

breuermar
    Participant

Go for OSCP (Try Harder 😉 )

It is more demanding than any multiple choice test.

badfilemagic
    Participant

I think it’s a good list. Quiet management heavy, but if that is what you’re looking to do then that makes sense. I’m currently maintaining a CISSP, CSSLP, GCIH and GISP (which was an incidental from taking the SANS CISSP prep class… doesn’t really check any boxes so I don’t care if it lapses).

I’m looking into doing the ISSEP specialization for my CISSP this year, maybe something like either OSCP or GPEN depending on timing and how much I’m willing to spend.

BNgacTKD
    Participant

I had OSCP on my list earlier, but decided to drop it since I do want to be more management focus. But now that I think about it, it may be a really good idea to go through the OSCP training.

812teck
    Participant

Good choice for someone who enjoys accessing devices…

BNgacTKD
    Participant

I had to do it, I put OSCP back on the list.

jjbigtime
    Participant

That’s impressive, I just passed my CAP today so I’m at (S+,CEH,CAP) plan on taking PMP,CASP,CISSP By June bc we found some unused vouchers that will expire. I’m really looking at the CGEIT that I saw you just passed. How difficult was that? I am looking to buy that book within the next 10 days, and I currently do a little work in RMF. Any advice or aids you have would be greatly appreciated for anything. Congratulations again for setting the standard!!!

jjbigtime
    Participant

I’m actually in here looking for CGEIT study aids lol

BNgacTKD
    Participant

Hey jjbigtime,

congrats on passing the CAP! I believe the toughest exams I’ve taken are the CISSP, PMP, and the CGEIT (and in that order). the problem with these three exams, many of their questions are worded strangely, and many of the questions don’t really have a clear answer. I suggest you get the CGEIT review manual from ISACA, as well as their Question, Answer, and Explanation book.

Sorry for the late response, Good luck!!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel