Certificate UsesCompTIA A+ Course

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Courses CompTIA A+ Course Certificate Uses

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  justincruiz 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

justincruiz
    Participant

Hii…Im taking CompTIA A+ course…..I wonder if the certificate which I receive from cybrary is of any value……I dont know if it really is considered to be a qualification to get a decent job…I mean not just A+…suppose I did many courses……Is it that I should write an exam on the courses I take on cybrary to be considered as a person with qualification or the certificate which I receive from cybrary is an alternate of me writing exams on these courses locally….?

Prossi
    Participant

The Cybrary certificate, it’s only because you attended the course, but if you want the A+ or other certificate need to do the final exam at CompTia

cybereye
    Participant

In short, if you want the CompTIA A+ you must sit for the exam with PearsonVUE.
    CompTIA exams are recognized worldwide and worth the time and effort, hence why so many companies want them and websites offering training.

Cybrary has a great system that is fun, motivational, free, but for now it is just an awesome training aid. Although, if you can get your boss to recognize the CEUs listed then that would be a bonus! I always let my boss know how I am expanding my skills.

Grace and Peace,
    Cybereye

justincruiz
    Participant

Thank you so much guys………..Is there a online version of the exam?
    Are there many more things which i should know other than whats covered in cybrary videos to write the exam or is it that cybrary courses are enough for me to write the exam successfully?
    in other words,are cybrary videos just an overview of the curriculum ?so that i should go read a big textbook to write the exam? or I will be able to successfully write the exam just by watching these videos?

Dragon
    Participant

The exam is proctored, in person. I think it goes in this order: A+, Network+, then Security+. Each leads into the next one. If you grok the material for A+, Network+ and Security+ you will be employable to work for the Department of Defense for basic security type work. But you’ll probably need a Certificate/Certification to apply to work for them (Security+ is the only one of those that matters in security, Network+ basically just prepares you to work in IT to fix general network problems of an organization).

justincruiz
    Participant

Oh okay…..Thanks for the information……….And how about the material for the exam? Should I purchase a book that contains much more in depth info than the videos of cybrary?
    Should I attend classes to write that exam? or will the videos classes of cybrary be enough?
    Should I also attend for practicals?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel