call tracingInformation Assurance, Governance, Risk and Compliance

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wid3031 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cicuchatre
    Participant

like shown in movies is it really possible to trace a call
    i mean is there any software by which we can do so… ? & what type of permission do we need ?

i recently saw a friend who was booking a cab(taxi)
    he didnt have that company application on his phone, he just called on company number told them he need a cab & he also didnt gaved his location
    & the taxi driver arrived in 5 min
    i am not sure how it is possible

i never used any cab application so m not aware of how it works ..
    is it possible that company grabed his location when he called & sent coordinates to cab driver
    is it possible for someone(not police) to trace a call?

yuen001
    Participant

it is possible to get location from a call, that’s how the police know where to respond to an emergency, but don’t believe taxi companies have access to that, unsure about that though, would have to look more into that

DesertLegion
    Participant

If anyone is still watching this thread, here is an article that talks, in plain language, what the systems that emergency services use to locate a caller.
    http://www.govtech.com/dc/articles/911-Dispatchers-Use-New-Technologies-to-Quickly-Locate-Cellphone-Callers.html

wid3031
    Participant

Yes. It is now possible to trace a call from anywhere. I tried on a website and took a plan for tracing for my family too. It tracks the phone real time. You should have a look at this, Visit https://cocospy.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should accessible for everyone, everywhere. Everyone deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is the world's largest community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel