Beta HomepageHelp Us Improve Cybrary

Begin Learning Cyber Security for FREE Now!

FREE REGISTRATION
Already a Member Login Here

Home Forums Help Us Improve Cybrary Beta Homepage

This topic contains 84 replies, has 59 voices, and was last updated by Profile image for mahmoudhawwa mahmoud hawwa 3 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Profile image for emiliab
    Kiara
    Keymaster

Hopefully you are all enjoying our new Beta Homepage!

You can start using the new homepage HERE, or access it from your current homepage by clicking on the blue bar at the top. We suggest you give the new homepage layout some time to get adjusted to. If needed, you may click on the blue bar at the top of the new layout to go back to the old one, and it will also allow you to send us feedback.

The new homepage is full of new functions and features which allows you to interact with the site and it’s users on a new level. But there’s always room for improvements and it’s still a work in progress. We are looking for feedback on the new layout and functionality, as well as bugs and errors you come across so we can fix it and make your user experience even better 馃檪

Most importantly, while we like getting good feedback, criticism is more important, so please express and let us know what you DON鈥橳 like and think can be made better. That way we can improve it with time to fit your needs because all we want here at Cybrary is for our members to be happy and able to utilize the homepage to its fullest! 馃檪

Known Bugs and Errors:

Criticism:

Profile image for cyb3rb84
    D4RKSH4D0W
    Participant

I prefer the new homepage!! Keep up the good work. Is there an update coming to the app soon as well?

Kiara
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s close to being done 馃檪

Profile image for 8lack0racl3
    Bl4Ck0r4Cle
    Participant

Hi @kiara,

I’m not an easy person to please, epecially with WordPress core’s! Don’t get me wrong it looks okay at the top, until you start scrolling, and scrolling, etc. There is nothing to fill the gaps either side of the center content.
    To me it looks like a CMS or standard blog style, the colors are fine – the center column though requires work on it. I did prefer ther older version, so I did not have to scroll so far down the page.

Kiara, with me it could be my age! I’ve passed the half a century point a few years ago now – so what I like and do, is also up to criticism. I’m not a person that doesn’t like change, as long as it ensures the browser can be resized width ways, and the content flows with it.

Perhaps, Kiara you can answer a question I have been meaning to ask, and keep forgetting (old age! lol).
    On the front page I can see my Cybytes mounting up, but what is the icon ‘flame’ mean? I know mine says 21, or something like that, which I think is down to a resultant number of days I visit. Does this mean anything to the user, apart from counting consecutus days?

There is one annoying thing which was after I checked the new look out by pressing the blue bar, it now fails to go back. Is it cookie related or a database saved to my account?

Regards,
    Les.

Profile image for cybrarianlaca
    Ap谩ti L谩szl贸
    Participant

“School” data under “My Experience” does not appear on the page. Is this a bug or a security feature?

Profile image for richvincent
    richvincent
    Participant

Sorry I loved the old format. The new page does not load very well on my ios drvice.

Another bug is that the top of the mew page has a link inviting me to go back to the old style but the link errors out and does not work.

Profile image for sagattiger
    Sagattiger
    Participant

Looks good.
    Well done.

Profile image for cchristopher
    cchristopher
    Participant

Saw something that said [not-logged-in-show] “blah blah” and [if-logged-in-show] blah blah.

Would love to post a screenshot, but communication here doesn’t support images…

So Far. Good

Profile image for ammarakesh
    A R4K3SH
    Participant

The new homepage could be more interactive if chatting feature is included

Ap谩ti L谩szl贸
    Participant

Any thread to report issues? Probably this is not the one. Thx!

Profile image for ddykeman
    ddykeman
    Participant

I love the new home page its better to use

Profile image for exro
    exro
    Participant

Ooop sorry I prefer the old one! This one is very “busy”.

Profile image for capcitykilla
    CAPCITYKILLA
    Participant

I like the layout of Beta page. It’s setup like a lot like our familiar social media pages. I understand that it’s in the Beta stages, so I can wait to see what other features are being tested.

Profile image for tj009
    TJ009_KD007
    Participant

The old homepage is so far well and good. The new homepage looks like Facebook style implemented here. Its not that interactive. After sometime both the sides of the page remain empty with no interactive features. I would prefer the old homepage with some graphics and colors upgradation on it.
    Thank you.

Kiara
    Keymaster

Got it all noted 馃檪

Profile image for marcus-flynn
    Marcus.Flynn
    Participant

Hey, where’s the option to view who is following you? Reason I ask is that it is nice to know if your community and friends are active or not. I would like to have that feature back if it was taken down. Thank you.

Profile image for mihan
    Michan
    Participant

The New Home page is more friendly to me and the things are not so confusing as the old,

Ap谩ti L谩szl贸
    Participant

Personal info display problem is solved, the new layout Works perfectly.

Profile image for uk2newbie
    uk2newbie
    Participant

Hi Kiara,

I like the new home page as it’s more android friendly on my tablet and looks great on my computer.
    Thanks for your efforts.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Revolution

We believe Cyber Security training should be free, for everyone, FOREVER. Everyone, everywhere, deserves the OPPORTUNITY to learn, begin and grow a career in this fascinating field. Therefore, Cybrary is a free community where people, companies and training come together to give everyone the ability to collaborate in an open source way that is revolutionizing the cyber security educational experience.

Cybrary On The Go

Get the Cybrary app for Android for online and offline viewing of our lessons.

Get it on Google Play

Support Cybrary

Donate Here to Get This Month's Donor Badge

Skip to toolbar
Cybrary works best if you switch to our Android-friendly app
Continue

We recommend always using caution when following any link

Are you sure you want to continue?

Continue
Cancel