The Evimetry Filesystem Bridge: Making Your AFF4 Forensic Images Available
In this free course we will cover the Evimetry Filesystem Bridge and do a quick review of the forensic tools that are now supporting AFF4 forensic images.
If you’ve been following our series of courses on using Evimetry to perform high-speed, forensic acquisitions, you must have asked yourself “How do I use an AFF4 forensic image in my favorite forensic tool?” The answer is the Evimetry Filesystem Bridge, which we use in this course to access a previously collected Evimetry AFF4 image in a forensic tool that doesn’t natively support the AFF4 forensic format.
- Before any forensic acquisition you must document the evidence
- See my Cybrary course: “Evidence Handling: Do it the Right Way”
- See my Cybrary series of courses on forensic acquisition using Evimetry
- Get a full featured, evaluation copy of Evimetry (Link found in Syllabus)
- Internet connected computer
- An “evidence” computer or drive
- An AFF4 forensic image previously acquired using one of the Evimetry Methods
- A storage drive (USB3 External)
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand the Evimetry Filesystem Bridge
- Use the Evimetry Bridge to Access a Previously Acquired AFF4 Forensic Image
- Review Those Programs with Built-in AFF4 Support
Industry leader in digital evidence collection and forensics.
Complete this entire course to earn a The Evimetry Filesystem Bridge: Making Your AFF4 Forensic Images Available Certificate of Completion
This course is our first in a series introducing Evimetry for forensic data acquisitions. We ...
If you’re not using AFF4 (Advanced Forensics File Format v4) then your forensics process is ...