The Evimetry Filesystem Bridge: Making Your AFF4 Forensic Images Available
In your data forensics, do you need to make AFF4 images available in tools that do not natively support that format? Check out this part of our series on using Evimetry for high-speed forensic acquisitions. You will use Evimetry Filesystem Bridge to access a previously acquired AFF4 image and also evaluate programs with built-in AFF4 support.
If you’ve been following our series of courses on using Evimetry to perform high-speed, forensic acquisitions, you must have asked yourself “How do I use an AFF4 forensic image in my favorite forensic tool?” The answer is the Evimetry Filesystem Bridge, which we use in this course to access a previously collected Evimetry AFF4 image in a forensic tool that doesn’t natively support the AFF4 forensic format.
- Before any forensic acquisition you must document the evidence
- See my Cybrary course: “Evidence Handling: Do it the Right Way”
- See my Cybrary series of courses on forensic acquisition using Evimetry
- Get a full featured, evaluation copy of Evimetry (Link found in Syllabus)
- Internet connected computer
- An “evidence” computer or drive
- An AFF4 forensic image previously acquired using one of the Evimetry Methods
- A storage drive (USB3 External)
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand the Evimetry Filesystem Bridge
- Use the Evimetry Bridge to Access a Previously Acquired AFF4 Forensic Image
- Review Those Programs with Built-in AFF4 Support
Industry leader in digital evidence collection and forensics.
Complete this entire course to earn a The Evimetry Filesystem Bridge: Making Your AFF4 Forensic Images Available Certificate of Completion
Evimetry is a digital forensics tool that will allow you to acquire and analyze digital ...
If you’re not using AFF4 (Advanced Forensics File Format v4) then your forensics process is ...