Module 1: Mobile Landscape and Architecture
Module 2: Basic Static Analysis
Module 3: Basic Dynamic Analysis
Module 4: Building Your Lab
The course will be divided into 6 modules, 2 labs and 2 case studies which will cover the mobile malware landscape, mobile architectures, static and dynamic analysis techniques and building your mobile analysis lab.
Participants are required to have a basic understanding of networking, basic malware analysis programming languages such as C, Objective C, Swift, Java and Assembly and a knowledge of virtual machine software. In addition labs require access to a Mac and iOS device.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify mobile malware and risks
- Understand and describe iOS and Android system architectures
- Perform a basic static analysis on iOS and Android malware
- Perform a basic dynamic analysis on iOS and Android malware
- Write technical malware analysis reports
Certificate of Completion
Complete this entire course to earn a Mobile Malware Analysis Fundamentals Certificate of Completion