If you are excited to demonstrate your ability to make Linux systems work for the specific needs of an organization and become a more well-rounded Linux professional, this is the ideal skill enhancement tool for you.
Linux has grown into an industry-leading software and service delivery platform that is used for everything from super computers and Web servers to virtualized systems and your Android phone, meaning you will find many IT careers in the current market require these skills.
Professionals looking to gain a comprehensive understanding of Linux maintenance tasks, user assistance, installation, and configuration will greatly benefit from The CompTIA LX0-103: Linux+ Hands-On Lab. Not only will this lab allow you to gain hands-on skills needed as a capable Linux administrator, but it will also prepare you to confidently ace the CompTIA LX0-103 Linux+ certification exam.
Obtaining your CompTIA Linux+ certification signifies that you possess the fundamental knowledge to perform a variety of tasks across the major distributions of Linux.
The CompTIA LX0-103 Linux+ certification exam "focuses on basic Linux concepts such as package management, commands, and devices. Although this is a Linux test, it covers hardware concepts, especially pertaining to the way systems boot. For package management, you're expected to know about both the Red Hat and Debian style of packages and associated command-line tools. The Linux Filesystem Hierarchy Standard also features heavily in this exam."
Individuals must pass LX0-103 before taking LX0-104.
Topics of Emphasis
- Determine and configure hardware settings
- Boot the System
- Change Runlevels and Shutdown or Reboot System
- Design hard disk layout
- Manage shared libraries
- Use RPM and YUM package management
- Work on the command line
- Process text streams using filters
- Perform Basic File Management
- Use Streams Pipes and Redirects
- Create, Monitor and Kill Processes
- Modify Process Execution Priorities
- Search Text Files using Regular Expressions
- Perform Basic File Editing Operations Using vi
- Create partitions and filesystems
- Maintain the integrity of filesystems
- Control mounting and unmounting of filesystems
- Manage disk quotas
- Manage File Permissions and Ownership
- Create and change hard and symbolic links
- Find system files and place files in the correct location
- Linux Installation and Package Management
- Install a boot manager
Practice Lab Specifications
Practice Labs are pre-configured hardware layouts with accompanying lab guides for fast, convenient access that make studying for an exam or learning new technologies an engaging experience. Develop your comprehensive IT skills in a safe, working environment without the need to invest in your own hardware and software.
- Practical Training on the Latest Industry Technology
- Real Equipment, No Simulations
- 6 Month Unified Access Available on Any Device
- No Hardware or Licensing Costs
- Screen dimensions: 1920px x 1080px or higher (full HD or higher)
- Processor speed: 2Ghz / multi-core
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 5mb download, 1mb upload
- Screen dimensions: 1280px x 1024px
- Processor speed: 1.5Ghz
- Broadband / Internet access requirements: 2mb download, 256kpbs upload
- Microsoft Windows XP with SP2/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2013
- Linux Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu
- Apple Mac OS X
- Internet connection minimum of 512Kbs
- HTTPS Access (Port 443)
- HTTP Access (Port 80)
- Oracle Java version 1.7+ (If using our Java client)
HTML 5 Client
- Microsoft Edge 13 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 45 or later
- Apple Safari 9.1 or later
Internet Explorer 10 or later
Note: For both client technologies, if you have a Pop up blocker enabled on your computer
you will need to allow popups from *.practice-labs.com as an exception.