Understand Business Continuity
The "Understand Business Continuity" module provides you with the instruction and server hardware to develop your hands on skills in the defined topics. This module includes the following exercises: Managing Folder Redirection, Managing Backups in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Restore System State Data.
The Understand Business Continuity module provides you with the instruction and server hardware to develop your hands on skills in the defined topics. This module includes the following exercises:
- Managing Folder Redirection
- Managing Backups in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Restore System State Data
Exercise 1 - Managing Folder Redirection
Folder Redirection lets administrators redirect the path of a folder to a new location. The location can be a folder on the local computer or a directory on a network file share. Users can work with documents on a server as if the documents were based on a local drive. The documents in the folder are available to the user from any computer on the network. Folder Redirection is located under Windows Settings in the console tree when you edit domain-based Group Policy by using the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC).
Exercise 2 - Managing Backups in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
In this exercise, you will perform the tasks required to configure backups and restores on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2.
Exercise 3 - Restore System State Data
Windows Server and desktop operating system store critical information in System State data.
System state data is composed of the following files:
- Boot files, system files and other files protected by Windows File Protection.
- Active Directory database (for domain controllers)
- SYSVOL (for domain controllers)
- Certificate services (for servers running the Certificate Authority)
- Cluster database (for servers that are members of a cluster node)
- Windows registry
- Performance counter configuration
- COM+ component services class registration database
In this exercise, you will restore system state data using a non-authoritative restore.
IT & Cybersecurity certification hands on practice labs and practice exams for certifications and skill development.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.