Two Factor Authenication with SSH
The Two Factor Authentication with SSH module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop your hands-on skills in the following topics: Connecting to Win10 and Kali, Configure Google Authenticator.
The Two Factor Authentication with SSH module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop your hands-on skills in the following topics.
- Connecting to Win10 and Kali
- Configure Google Authenticator
Lab time: It will take approximately 1 hour to complete this lab
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- CAS-002 1.1: Distinguish which cryptographic tools and techniques are appropriate for a given situation
- CAS-002 1.3: Given a scenario, analyze network and security components, concepts and architectures
- CAS-002 4.2: Given a scenario, select the appropriate control to secure communications and collaboration solutions
Exercise 1 - Connecting to Kali
Exercise 2 - Configure Google Authenticator
Google Authenticator is a very productive application that provides and allows for two-factor authentication (2FA) on a device that we wish to improve the level of security against. It uses the Time-Based One-Time Password algorithm (TOTP) and HMAC-based One-Time Password Algorithm (HOTP).
The password generated can then be used as an additional requirement to enter through a SSH connection or in fact any type of configuration required.
IT & Cybersecurity certification hands on practice labs and practice exams for certifications and skill development.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.