Protocols and Services - IPSec
The Protocols and Services - IPSec module provides you with the instruction and server hardware to develop your hands on skills. This module includes the following exercises: Internet Protocol Security - IPSec.
The Protocols and Services - IPSec module provides you with the instruction and server hardware to develop your hands on skills. This module includes the following exercises:
- Internet Protocol Security - IPSec
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- Explain the functions and applications of various network devices (VPN concentrator)
- 2.1 Given a scenario, use appropriate monitoring tools (Packet/network analyser, Interface monitoring tools and Packet flow monitoring)
- 3.3 Given a scenario, implement network hardening techniques (CHAP/MSCHAP, PAP, EAP and Single sign-on)
- 4.7 Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve common security issues (TACACS/RADIUS misconfigurations)
Exercise 1 - Internet Protocol Security (IPSec)
In this exercise, you will configure Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) to encrypt network communication between two computers. Encryption helps secure data against unauthorised access or malicious use by non-corporate network users. IPSec secures network traffic from eavesdropping by protocol analyzers. This is just one of the technologies that you can utilize to protect your data from read and interpreted by unauthorized users.