Welcome to the Managing a Cloud Solution - Part 1 Practice Lab. In this module, you will be provided with the instructions and devices needed to develop your hands-on skills.
In this module, you will complete the following exercises:
- Exercise 1 - Administering an OpenStack Environment
After completing this lab, you will be able to:
- Create flavors in an OpenStack instance
- Create an image for an OpenStack instance
- Create an Internal Network for the flavors in the OpenStack instance
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
CV0-002 1.5 Given a scenario, analyze sizing, subnetting, and basic routing for a provided deployment of the virtual network.
- CV0-002 1.5.1 Cloud deployment models
- CV0-002 1.5.2 Network components
- CV0-002 1.5.4 Determine configuration for the applicable platform as it applies to the network.
It will take approximately 30 minutes to complete this lab.
Exercise 1 - Administering an OpenStack Environment
An OpenStack flavor defines the computing power that can be assigned to a specific virtual machine that is created.
By creating a flavor, the following parameters can be associated with the flavor:
Flavor ID: A Universal Unique Identifier (UUID) will be created if set to auto.
vCPU’s: The number of virtual CPU’s that can be used by the specific flavor. This parameter is mandatory.
Memory: The amount of RAM specified in megabytes. This is a mandatory field.
Root Disk: The amount of disk space allocated for the root partition of the virtual machine. If left on 0 then the size of the image will be allocated for the root partition.
Ephemeral Disk: Local storage for the virtual machine is defined here. This disk is associated with the lifespan of the specific virtual machine and deleted when the virtual machine is deleted.
Swap: The size of swap space available for the virtual machine. This is an optional parameter that can be specified.
Is Public: This parameter can be specified if the flavor is available for all projects or if specified only for a specific project. If this parameter is not specified the default value is true, thus publicly available.
In this exercise, you will create flavors, images and an internal network in an OpenStack environment.
After completing this exercise, you will be able to:
- Create flavors in an OpenStack instance.
- Create an image for an OpenStack instance.
- Create an Internal Network for the flavors in the OpenStack instance.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.