The Manage Role-based Security module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop hands on skills in the following topic:
- Creating a custom security role and configuring security scope
- Creating a user with administrative rights
- Modifying administrative scope of an administrative user
** Lab time:** It will take approximately 1 hour to complete this lab.
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- Control physical and logical access to assets
- Manage identification and authentication of people and devices
- Implement and manage authorization mechanisms
Exercise 1 - Manage Role-based Security
In this exercise, you will learn to configure security roles for Configuration Manager. You will first create a custom security role and configure the security scope for the object. You will then create an administrative user to manage Configuration Manager. Then, later you will modify the administrative scope of the newly created administrative user.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.