The "Manage Collections" module provides you with the instructions to develop hands on skills in the following topics: Creating a device collection, Creating a user collection, Exporting and Importing user collections, Managing user collections.
The Manage Collections module provides you with the instructions to develop hands on skills in the following topics.
- Creating a device collection
- Creating a user collection
- Exporting and Importing user collections
- Managing user collections
Exercise 1 - Creating a Device Collections
In this exercise, you will learn to work with device collections. You use device collections to manage devices into manageable unit. For example, you could create a device collection to deploy the specified packages on all servers in that collection. While creating custom collections, you can apply the required built-in four rules to that collection to determine its members. These rules include:
- Direct Rule: This rule allows you to select users or members to be added to the collection.
- Query Rule: This rule allows you to dynamically update the membership for the collection based on a query.
- Include Collections Rule: This rule allows you to include the members of another collection to the current collection
- Exclude Collections Rule: This rule allows you to exclude the members of another collection from the current collection.
Exercise 2 - Creating User Collections
In this exercise, you will learn to create a user collection. As a prerequisite, you will first enable Active Directory User Discovery method. SCCM 2012 provides six configurable methods of discovery. These discovery methods help to search the network for resources. The Active Directory User Discovery method is one of them. This method is disabled by default. You need to enable the method to create user collections. User collection helps to manage users and user groups on the server.
Exercise 3 - Exporting and Importing Collections
In this exercise, you will perform the tasks of exporting and importing user collections to and from a Managed Object Format (MOF) file.
Exercise 4 - Manage User Collections
In this exercise, you will learn how to manage a custom user collection.
IT & Cybersecurity certification hands on practice labs and practice exams for certifications and skill development.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.