The Install SQL Server and Related Services module provides you with the instruction and server hardware to develop your hands on skills in the defined topics. This module includes the following exercises:
- Planning SQL Server 2012 Installation
- Install SQL Server and Related Services
- Plan for Capacity
Lab time: It will take approximately 1 hours to complete this lab.
Exercise 1 - Planning SQL Server 2012 Installation
In this exercise, you will perform the tasks required to plan installation. To better understand this task, please refer to your course material to gain an understanding of this topic.
In this module, you will learn the following about Microsoft SQL Server 2012:
- Evaluating Installation requirements
- Designing the installation of SQL Server and its components (drives, service accounts, etc.)
- Planning scale up vs. scale out basics
- Planning for capacity, including if/when to shrink, grow, autogrow, and monitor growth
- Configuring an SQL Server stand-by database for reporting purposes
- Installing the Core mode
- Benchmarking a server before using it in a production environment (SQLIO, Tests on SQL Instance)
- Choosing the right hardware
Exercise 2 - Install SQL Server and Related Services
In this exercise, you will perform the tasks required to install SQL Server and its services.
Exercise 3 - Plan for Capacity
When creating a database, you can create it with a fixed size or in the expandable mode. Both options can work well depending on your requirements. For example, if you do not expect the database to grow beyond a specific size, then you might want to create a database with a fixed size.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.