The Install OS Updates and Configure Security Policy module provides you with the instruction and Server hardware to develop your hands on skills. This module includes the following exercises:
- Configure and Run Windows Update
- Configure Network Security Policy
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- 1.11 Compare and contrast technologies that support cloud and virtualization (iSCSI, Driver updates, Feature changes/updates, Major vs minor updates and Vulnerability patches)
- 4.7 Given a scenario, troubleshoot and resolve common security issue (Default passwords/settings)
- 5.5 Given a scenario, implement the appropriate policies or procedures (Security policies and Network policies)
Exercise 1 - Configure and Run Windows Update
With the ever increasing number of security threats and vulnerabilities in software products, network administrators must be one-step ahead in fighting off these loopholes in their computer systems. One method of vulnerability remediation on Windows and Linux systems is applying missing patches, service packs and updates. Most of these can downloaded for free from product website of the software vendor.
In this exercise, you will configure some of the common properties of Windows Update. You will likewise run them manually and examine the parameters on how the installation of updates can be automated in Windows.
Exercise 2 - Configure Network Security Policy
For enterprise networks, it is essential that system administrators create restrictive account policies that govern the access and use of network resources by users and computers. This is also known as OS hardening. In this exercise, you will configure network account policies in a Windows domain.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.