Implementing Data Types
The "Implementing Data Types" module provides you with the instruction and server hardware to develop your hands on skills in the defined topics. This module includes the following exercises: Use Appropriate Data Types, Demonstrate Pros and Cons of Data Types.
The Implementing Data Types module provides you with the instruction and server hardware to develop your hands on skills in the defined topics. This module includes the following exercises:
- Use Appropriate Data Types
- Demonstrate Pros and Cons of Data Types
Lab time: It will take approximately 30 minutes to complete this lab.
Exercise 1 - Use Appropriate Data Types
In this exercise, you will learn the following using SQL Server 2012:
- Use appropriate data types
- Demonstrate pros and cons of data types in terms of storage and size of data
Exercise 2 - Demonstrate Pros and Cons of Data Types
You need to consider certain guidelines while you select data types for the columns of your table.
- If you have a varying length data value for a column such as names, you can use varchar instead of char.
- When you specify the tinyint data type for a column such as the book identifier, then you should not insert a book with a book number 256.
- In general, to get the required level of precision for numeric data types use decimal data type.
- For currency, use the money data type.
IT & Cybersecurity certification hands on practice labs and practice exams for certifications and skill development.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.