The Implement Patching using WSUS module provides you with the instruction and server hardware to develop your hands on skills in the defined topics. This module includes the following exercises:
- Install and Configure WSUS
- Create Computer Groups for WSUS
- Configure GPO Policy for WSUS
Lab time: It will take approximately 1 hour to complete this lab.
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- SY0-501 2.4: Given a scenario, analyze and interpret output from security technologies
- SY0-501 3.3: Given a scenario, implement secure systems design
- SY0-501 4.4: Given a scenario, differentiate common account management practices.
Exercise 1 - Install and Configure WSUS
Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) provides a cost effective patch management solution to deploy updates to domain-joined Windows servers and workstation in a corporate network. WSUS is fully integrated in Windows Server 2012 and can be enabled on Windows clients by configuring settings in Group Policy Objects - GPO.
Exercise 2 - Create Computer Groups for WSUS
Computer groups enable you to target updates to specific computers. In this exercise you will go through the steps of creating and assigning these groups.
Exercise 3 - Configure GPO Policy for WSUS
In the following exercise you will implement the tasks to deploy WSUS updates via group policy.