The Implement Data Types module provides you with the instruction and server hardware to develop your hands on skills in the defined topics. This module includes the following exercises:
- Data Types such as CLR, GUID, SPARSE, Spatial & LOB
- Use Sparse Columns
Exercise 1 - Data Types such as CLR, GUID, SPARSE, Spatial & LOB
In this exercise, you will learn the following in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2:
- Demonstrate choosing appropriate data types while creating a table
- Implement user defined CLR data type
- Write Queries with data type conversions
- Demonstrate the impact of GUID
- Use sparse columns
- Work with spatial data and LOB data type
Exercise 2 - Use Sparse Columns
In this exercise, you will create a table using sparse columns for null values. Sparse columns reduce the space requirements for null values.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.