Welcome to the Customizing a Presentation Practice Lab. In this module, you will be provided with the instructions and devices needed to develop your hands-on skills.
In this module, you will complete the following exercises:
- Exercise 1 - Slide Transitions
- Exercise 2 - Additional Text Options
- Exercise 3 - Printing
You should be able to:
- Apply transition effects to all the slides in your presentation
- Apply transition effects to one or more selected slides
- Import a document outline and a PDF file
- Format text as WordArt
- Preview your presentation before printing
- Work with Print Options
- Adjust Print settings to print handouts, notes, and individual slides
- Add the Quick Print tool to the Quick Access toolbar
- Print your presentation
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- Apply transitions and animations
It will take approximately 30 minutes to complete this lab.
Exercise 1 - Slide Transitions
A slide show is relatively static. At its most basic, there is no actual movement until you change slides. However, there are ways to make your presentations far more dynamic. One of these is by applying transitions to the slides in your presentations.
In this exercise, you will apply slide transitions in a presentation.
Exercise 2 - Additional Text Options
You can use text from other kinds of documents, created in various applications.
There are different ways to add this text to your PowerPoint presentation, depending on the source, the type of file, the contents, and so on.
In this exercise, you'll import a document outline and a PDF file, and then you'll format text as WordArt.
Exercise 3 - Printing
Normally, the ultimate endpoint of the PowerPoint presentation trajectory is a slide show. However, at any time, and for different reasons, you might need to print any part of—or even all of—your presentations. To do so, you might also need to adjust PowerPoint Print Options.
In this exercise, you’ll Work with Print Options and add the Quick Print tool to the Quick Access toolbar.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.