The Administering and Deploying Endpoint Protection module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop hands on skills in the following topics:
- Create an Endpoint Protection site system role
- Configure alerts for Endpoint Protection
- Configure definition updates for Endpoint Protection
- Create and deploy antimalware policies for Endpoint Protection
- Configure custom client settings for Endpoint Protection
- Provision the Endpoint Protection client in a disk image
Lab time: It will take approximately 1 hour to complete this lab.
The following exam objectives are covered in this lab:
- Apply secure design principles to network architecture (e.g., IP & non-IP protocols, segmentation)
- Secure network components
- Design and establish secure communication channels
- Prevent or mitigate network attacks
Exercise 1 - Installing an Endpoint Protection Site System Role
Before using Endpoint Protection, the Endpoint Protection site system role must be installed on any one site system server. In this exercise, you will learn how to install an Endpoint Protection site system role.
Exercise 2 - Configure Definition Updates for Endpoint Protection
With Endpoint Protection, you can update antimalware definitions on client computers.
Exercise 3 - Create and Deploy Antimalware Policies for Endpoint Protection
The Configuration Manager allows you to deploy antimalware policies and specify how Endpoint Protection protects them from malware and other threats. You can include information about scan schedule, the actions to take when malware is detected and the types of files and folder to scan in the antimalware policy setting.
Exercise 4 - Configure Custom Client Settings for Endpoint Protection
In this exercise, you will configure client settings for Endpoint Protection. You can deploy these settings to a collection of computers in the hierarchy.
Exercise 5 - Provision Endpoint Protection
In this exercise, you will learn how to provision the Endpoint Protection client on a computer that is to be used as a disk image source for Configuration Manager operating system deployment. This computer is referred as reference computer.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.