The Administer and Manage vSphere 6.x Resources module provides you with the instructions and devices to develop your hands on skills in the following topics.
- Create and Remove Resource Pools
- Configure Resource Pool Attributes
- Add Virtual Machines to a Resource Pool
- Remove virtual machines from a resource pool
- Evaluate Shares, Reservations and Limits for a Resource Pool Based on Virtual Machine Workloads
- Delete Resource Pools
- Create the Resource Pool hierarchy
- Configure Expandable Reservations
Exercise 1 - Configure Advanced and Multilevel Resource Pools
When you create a virtual machine on a host, the virtual machine is assigned specific resources like memory and CPU. However, in some situations, you may need to aggregate the resources on a standalone host or cluster. To do this, you need to create resource pools and use allocation policies to assign resources to a set of virtual machines.
See the full benefits of our immersive learning experience with interactive courses and guided career paths.