Ready to Start Your Career?
December 26, 2019
A Beginner’s Guide to CompTIA’s Project+ Certification
December 26, 2019
Project Management comes with a lot of responsibilities and can be full of exciting challenges, but it also has the potential to have a significant impact on an organization. A new project can enhance the function and abilities of an organization, and as a project manager, you could influence the direction and execution of the project. Have you thought about whether Project Management might be a good addition to your current skill set, or perhaps be a new career of interest for you? If this sounds interesting, the CompTIA Project+ Certification could be just what you’ve been looking for to make yourself more marketable.
What is the CompTIA Project+ Certification?The CompTIA Project+ Certification is a great beginner certification to obtain if you are looking to break into the IT Management and Strategy career path. It is also useful for business professionals, project coordinators and managers, project team members and leaders, business analysts, managers, and directors. This certification will help you to enhance your current business skills and demonstrate that you possess the skills necessary to effectively manage small or medium-sized projects while continuing to perform other job duties.
Obtaining the CompTIA Project+ Certification demonstrates that you have the knowledge and skills needed to:
- Effectively manage a project life cycle
- Ensure appropriate communication
- Manage resources and stakeholders
- Maintain project documentation
What does the CompTIA Project+ Certification do for My Career?The CompTIA Project+ Certification is the first certification in the CompTIA IT Management and Strategy Career Roadmap, and it can help you get started or prepare for the next step in your career. There is currently a high demand for people to fill jobs in the IT Management and Strategy career field. Obtaining this certification would help you stand apart from other candidates seeking these positions.
How should I prepare for the CompTIA Project+ Certification?Preparing for certification exams can seem daunting, especially if you’ve never taken one before. Cybrary has taken out the guesswork by offering a brand-new CompTIA Project+ course to help guide you through the course material to help you prepare for this certification. Cybrary’s CompTIA Project+ Course (PK0-004) helps students:
- Learn the basics of project management
- Understand organizational structures
- Discuss project planning outcomes
- Identify the planning phase and its outputs
- Summarize project roles and responsibilities and cost controls
- Consider multiple constraint dimension challenges
- Predict project influences
- Identify and quantify risk for effective risk management
- Implement strategies for effective communication
- Understand the importance of dealing with change during a project
- Compare project management tools
- Select appropriate software packages for your project
For more information about this course, or to sign up to take this on-demand course, please visit Cybrary.it and click the Register button at the top righthand corner of the page.
Enroll in these Project Management Resources